Hello October,

I have missed you (as much as one can miss a month at least). This year marks the return of 31 Days of Halloween, a journey I started last year which chronicles the everyday musings of this whimsical season. A new year marks new changes for this season’s passage. This year I’m working and will have less time for extravagant ventures, tho I still plan on eating myself into a sugar coma, dressing up, and seeking out all kinds of thrills. They will just be less frequent (I know, I know, try and stifle the tears). However, everyday will still be filled with something to celebrate my favorite month whether it be a story, poem, a recipe, or an adventure. With that being said, let the festivities begin :)

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 10

Movie: Casper

I don't know about you, but Casper was one of my favorite movies growing up. And Cristina Ricci was like the it girl of my childhood. I loved how the Dad moves her into that haunted house to actually live (I mean, come on Dad, I know you're a single parent and all but really, a haunted house?). I also love how Friendly (the town Casper lives in) had that amazing east coast autumn thing down perfectly. Casper is just awesome because unlike most ghosts, all he wants is a friend.
Could anything be sweeter that this line:

 And I'll admit it, growing up that ending scene where Casper walks down to the dance as a human, and it reveals him as Devon Sawa, used to take all us girls breaths away. I still get chill bumps :)

Side note: does their house not look a lot like the dance hall from this old BSB vid? Just saying.











Song of the Day: James Horner "One Last Wish"

No comments:

Post a Comment