Hello October,

I have missed you (as much as one can miss a month at least). This year marks the return of 31 Days of Halloween, a journey I started last year which chronicles the everyday musings of this whimsical season. A new year marks new changes for this season’s passage. This year I’m working and will have less time for extravagant ventures, tho I still plan on eating myself into a sugar coma, dressing up, and seeking out all kinds of thrills. They will just be less frequent (I know, I know, try and stifle the tears). However, everyday will still be filled with something to celebrate my favorite month whether it be a story, poem, a recipe, or an adventure. With that being said, let the festivities begin :)

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 20

Halloween "Monster Eyes" Manicure


Hello again folks. Today I decided to get creative (and girly) and give myself a Halloween manicure. I made this one up as I went and will explain the step by step process for how to recreate it yourself.
Here's what you will need:
 

  • Black and red nail polish
  • Cuticle sticks/nail filer
  • Clear topcoat polish
  • Nail polish remover/paper towel





Begin with a clean slate (that means nails of course) and paint on two coats of black nail polish, making sure to let each coat cry thoroughly.









Next take your red polish and dip a few drops onto a paper plate or towel. Take your cuticle tool (or even nail filer, though just a heads up, the nail filer is more difficult to use), and drop on the upper right center of your first nail. Picture where you would imagine eyes to be! In a swift swooshing motion, flare the drop to its outer corner. This will create that slanted eye look that you often find glowing from shadows in cartoons and movies. Repeat the drop and swoosh as I like to call it, on the left side of the same nail. And wallah! You have two lurking red eyes. Do this for each nail until your whole hand is finished. Let them fully dry then add a clear top coat for a polished look.




It's pretty simple! I hope my instructions are clear enough; maybe I'll make a video tutorial if there is enough interest. Hope you enjoy :)

Song of the Day: Meg and Dia "Monsters"

No comments:

Post a Comment