Hello October,

I have missed you (as much as one can miss a month at least). This year marks the return of 31 Days of Halloween, a journey I started last year which chronicles the everyday musings of this whimsical season. A new year marks new changes for this season’s passage. This year I’m working and will have less time for extravagant ventures, tho I still plan on eating myself into a sugar coma, dressing up, and seeking out all kinds of thrills. They will just be less frequent (I know, I know, try and stifle the tears). However, everyday will still be filled with something to celebrate my favorite month whether it be a story, poem, a recipe, or an adventure. With that being said, let the festivities begin :)

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 16

The Walking Dead Season Premiere

I...
love...
this...
show...


I never really got the whole zombie thing. In fact, I thought it was downright corny, not scary. But around this time last year, my friend Eric told me that they scared them more than any other fictional monster. He said their numbers in large groups and their mindless lack of control and brutal need to kill was what made them so eerie. Around this time I kept seeing commercials for this new show coming out, "The Walking Dead." Since I was doing 31 days, I checked it out.

I was not disappointed.

It was the most realistic zombie footage I had ever seen that made me feel a fear for these "walkers" that I had always underestimated. I've been a fan ever since and I would very highly recommend it. Season 2 premiered today and it too did not disappoint. It's such a good show because it's both, stand up in your seat scary, and very well written.

I always want more of it.

Song of the Day: Rob Zombie "Dragula"

No comments:

Post a Comment