Hello October,

I have missed you (as much as one can miss a month at least). This year marks the return of 31 Days of Halloween, a journey I started last year which chronicles the everyday musings of this whimsical season. A new year marks new changes for this season’s passage. This year I’m working and will have less time for extravagant ventures, tho I still plan on eating myself into a sugar coma, dressing up, and seeking out all kinds of thrills. They will just be less frequent (I know, I know, try and stifle the tears). However, everyday will still be filled with something to celebrate my favorite month whether it be a story, poem, a recipe, or an adventure. With that being said, let the festivities begin :)

Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 21

Watch an Exorcism Movie

Tonight I watched "Exorcist: The Beginning" with some friends. I have to say, it didn't quite tickle my fancy (actually it tickled me in a way that made me laugh because I thought it was that dumb of a movie). Maybe it was the over the top effects, or the ridiculous story line (there is a scene where a butterfly flies out of this guys mouth and his first reaction on how to deal with it is to shoot himself in the head. Really dude, that's your first thought?) I just did not find the movie to be very scary at all and that disappointed me. The scariest scene for me was when the cross was found upside down behind a priest back. One of my friends and I came to the conclusion that we find the more subtle touches to be more scary and suspenseful rather than obvious monsters and caroonish demons. The more realistic the story line of a scary movie, the more scared I get because I know that there are things out there that can really happen like that. Personally, the scariest "exorcism" movie that I've ever seen was "The Last Exorcism of Emily Rose", a movie full of subtle and scary innuendos and taken-from-real-life accounts of possession and evil spirits at work. But then again I haven't seen a whole lot of exorcism movies, so who knows. What's your guy's favorite exorcism movie and why? I'd be curious to know.

Song of the Day: Charlie Daniels Band "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"

No comments:

Post a Comment